620 Euclid Ave., Suite 101
Lexington, KY 40502
On January 23rd, 2010, in the practice of karma yoga or service to others we offered morning of complimentary yoga to celebrate National Day of Yoga.
Joining thousands of yoga schools across the country our wonderful space at the Center was here for anyone wishing to celebrate and we all together created such an uplifting and joyful experience.
1. We started with a nice tennis ball massage discovering the benefits of yoga therapy and learning how we can make our feet more alive.
2. After stretching the body in standing postures we transitioned to the floor and in Dandasana (Staff Pose) experienced the flow of prana through our legs.
3. Releasing the back and the hips after the backbend and hip opener to prepare for final relaxation pose - Savasana
4. We found the stillness in Savasana
5. And wisdom in our yoga philosophy lecture
6. Enjoying the moments and short break before restorative class.
Short extract from our yoga philosophy lecture, when Romi explains the concept of Svadhyaya (Self study) and the inner workings of the mind.